Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pretty Porches

I've always loved big front porches!  Perhaps because when I was a little girl we'd travel each year to San Antonio to see my grandmother and all my cousins for a late Christmas!  My Uncle would sit out on the front porch and smoke his pipe while all the kids played in the yard.  I always loved the way his pipes would make the air smell sweet!  I have vivid memories of my grandmother holding my youngest daughter on that front porch while reading to her from a book of prayers for children.  We called her Meemaw and she's no longer with us but I cherish those sweet childhood memories at her sweet little home.  Meemaw had a white iron glider on her porch~~I loved sitting on it as it would slide back and forth as my feet barely reached the ground.  It was old and peeling but I loved it nonetheless.  Now that we're blessed with a big front porch on our new home I want to find some furniture to make it cozy so someday I can sit out there and make memories with my grandchildren!  I really like grey wicker chairs in particular but I'm just starting to look.  Here are a few photos I've found online of pretty porches! 


Image Source~blog.hgtv.com

Image Source~musingsofanightowl.blogspot.com

thisarchitecture.com
countryliving.com
interiordec.about.com
House Beautiful

10 comments:

Vanessa said...

Something that swings is a must . . . kids will remember it best! I remember swinging on the front porch with my grandmother and shelling peas! Wasn't fun then, but is a very fond memory now that I'm an adult.

Texskiss said...

Oh that sounds so sweet~~I agree that a swing would be perfect. I'm looking for one in grey wicker! I'll take a photo when I complete the porch!

Alison Shaffer said...

I wish our front porch was wider. I am going to put that on my list of must haves for my next house. I have been looking at houses with big porches lately as I drive by and your post was perfect timing.
hoping over from blog frog

Unknown said...

beautiful! new follower- now I've got to finish the paint job I have planned for my porch! (it has potential & a view!)

Texskiss said...

Hi Alison and Kelli~Thank you both for stopping by! I look forward to your comments & to getting to know you both better! :)

Unknown said...

I would lve a house with a porch.

Thanks for you food advice!

Sammy ~ Renew Redo said...

Hello Texskiss!
I'm stopping by from Blog Frog. : )
Great pics. I love looking at inspiration photos for my home.
http://renewredo.blogspot.com
I'm a new follower : )

Texskiss said...

Hi Sammy~~
Thanks for stopping by! I'll head on over to check out your blog as well!!
Have an awesome day~
:)

Anonymous said...

Asking questions are really pleasant thing if you are not understanding anything fully,
however this paragraph presents good understanding even.

Here is my website :: arizona criminal law

Ethel K. Durkin said...

Nice article of front porches. Hope that you are able to decorate your front porches accessories nicely. The accessories are too good, specially the sofa.Thank you for valuable post.



Blog Archive