Monday, March 29, 2010

Waiting For Hardwoods To Dry ~ Oh My~~

Well, I've been longing for the day when I have a break from my crazy schedule of running around looking, and deciding, and researching, and purchasing, and returning, etcetera, etcetera...and now the day is here. At long last we have a few days whereas we are forbidden to enter our new home while our hardwoods dry. AND it's killing me. It's like an overdue first baby that just~won't~come...hey, I need this to be over! I need to see that the paint colors I ached over were all the right choice. That the carpets go well with the paint colors I ached over. To enjoy the fruits of my labor. To drink a BIG margarita in my new yard by our new pool! So while I'm waiting I'm looking into the latest house drama...the "no the chandelier's won't be here in time for the scheduled electrician to hook them up because they're back ordered" drama. Do I cancel the current chandeliers and go with something that will arrive in a more timely manner or cap those hot wires and wait...more. Hmmmm....these are the dilemnas (Is that how you spell "Dilemna"? Doesn't look right...oh well) of a new renovator. By the way...do you know how hard it is to get anything done, let alone write a blog with a 10 year old chanting, "Watch this, Mommy!" every 10 second as she showcases her newly learned flip flops? It's really tricky people! So I sit patiently and watch my little tasmanian devil do her thing and try to live in the moment. Enjoy the peace of not having to race to the house for a few days and hope that the golden caramel shade I chose for the new hardwoods will be dark enough...we'll see!

2 comments:

D.R. Cootey said...

I am told

(hold on, dear)

that

(hold on…)

we will

(I already said no TV)

miss

(I said “No!”)

these golden

(Then you shouldn’t have set your sister on fire…)

years.

I don’t see it.

Texskiss said...

You're my first comment! And a cute comment at that! :)

Blog Archive