Thursday, March 24, 2011

Idol Joy



Have you ever been on fire?  I don't mean literally, of course~~I'm talking about standing in the sun or the spotlight of life & feeling 110% like everything is perfect in your universe?  I don't know if many people can say they've had that moment, so what's always so thrilling for me, is when I get a front row seat to watch it slowly unfold & happen in someone else's life!!  That's why I love American Idol so much this year.  I've always loved Randy Jackson, but now with Simon gone, it's a kinder, gentler Idol with Jennifer Lopez & Steven Tyler as the new judges.  I've never been a fan of tough, brutally honest-to-the-point-of-damagingly-mean Idol.  Jennifer Lopez is so kind and compassionate towards the kids & by the way, while we're on the subject of the new judges, who knew Steven Tyler is such an amazing person?!  Now, I love "Walk This Way" & "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing"  just as much as the next gal but I never really truly appreciated "Steven Tyler~the real person" until I've gotten to know the sweet person he is through American Idol!  When he got down next to the girl who had suffered extensive brain damage in a car accident as she was in her wheelchair and whispered in her ear, "He sang so beautifully because he was singing to you" well, I was a goner...that kind of human compassion is just such a gift to witness.
So when I was watching Jacob Lusk sing last night, and when he was finished & Steven ran up onto stage and gave him a hug and called him, "Baby Luther!!"  Those are the moments a life is lived for!!  I get chills because it's such a blessing to be able to share in the moment of a perfect stranger & totally & completely feel their life being transformed in front of our eyes.  These kids were all born to sing. Why it's taken a few of them this long to be discovered is beyond me~they're SO phenomenal it's hard to understand how they've gone unnoticed until now!  Jacob Lusk is, of course, a front runner to win it all. Also among my favorites are sweet baby Lauren Alaina,  sophisticated  Ballad~Belter, Pia Toscano, and soulful rocker, James Durbin.  All deserving of the title because they're ALL THAT GOOD!  And what a blessing to watch their dreams come true before our eyes!
If you haven't been watching yet, it's not too late to pull up a couch cushion and enjoy!  Tonight is elimination night and while I have a few guesses on who might be going home, it doesn't matter.  They're all stars in my eyes!

5 comments:

Renee said...

They are really good this season....but please...Scotty needs to go...he's not in the same league as the other singers. He's a nice kid, but he's so limited. Our favorites are Haley and Paul...not sure if they're going to win though.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I haven't been watching... but after reading your post I just might! I saw your post on the (in)courage blogfrog community and came on over! Your writing is wonderful. I look forward to visiting more often Stephanie! :)

Texskiss said...

Oh Renee~~my daughter's not going to be happy with you! LOL She's got such a crush on Scotty. I don't get it myself but hey, she's 16!
Thanks so much, Jennifer! I'm so glad you like the blog! I'm looking forward to getting to know more & more fun people through blogging!

Annette said...

I haven't watched Idol in about 3 years because, well, the talent wasn't that great to me, or they kick off the really good ones in the first few weeks.

I may have to watch this season though.

Texskiss said...

I felt the same way, Annette, but there's no doubt these kids will give you chills when they sing. It's the stongest group they've ever had! Watch it and let me know what you think!

Blog Archive