Thursday, May 5, 2011

Where Has All The Rain Gone?

I miss the rain! I like to snuggle indoors with a good book on a rainy day. I like to sit on the back porch and listen as the leaves rustle on the trees as the rain falls through. I like the smell of it in the air and the sound of it on the roof. Rain is a good thing! Lately, sadly, it's as dry as a bone here in Texas. There have been reports that rain has been spotted in neighboring states, but we Texans have nary seen a drop in months! What's the deal with draughts? Is this a global warming effect? I did a blog post when I first started dabbling in blogging a year ago, about my memories of rain when I was a little girl. I believe it's called Hurricanes and Heath Bars, in case you all would like to read it. It's one of my favorites.
For now, I'm adding "RAIN" to my prayer board. Please pray for Texas to get some rain. Draughts are no good. So come on, Lord, PLEASE, LET IT RAIN!! :)

2 comments:

Caitlin Grace said...

IT must have all come over to New Zealand! We seem to have lots. Ohh for a sunny day.

Texskiss said...

Oh is that where it went?! One weather blogger wrote, "Houston has received about 1.5 inches of rain in the last three months, which is roughly equivalent to what the Sahara Desert gets during the same time period." Please send it back, Caitlin!! My lawn in thirsty!! :)

Blog Archive